Coming in June 2015!
Miami Maker Kids Summer Camp
Are you looking for an innovative, engaging and creative experience for your children this summer?
We are definitely not your traditional day camp: No sports, academics, arts and crafts or swimming lessons. These day camps are fine for some kids. We have a different idea for how a kid should spend the summer.
We offer a unique program of creative, hands on, Maker experiences, that will engage and excite your children and enrich and enhance their learning.
Check out our sample projects below
Limited spaces available Sign up now!
Camp Hours: 9:30am-3:30pm
Extended Care: 8:30 - 9:30am & 3:30 - 5:00pm
Early Bird Registration $325- Sign up by March 1st and receive $100 OFF regular registration. Use Code: EBR at checkout.
Regular Registration $425
Single Day Camp (Drop in) $110/day payable on site.
Extended Care: $125 a week (includes morning and afternoon)
What we provide:
- T-shirt with camp logo
- All tools, materials, and resources
- Expert instruction
- Safety lessons
- Badge certification for a variety of skills
- The chance for each kid to develop her/his sense of mastery and self-confidence
What parents provide:
- A well-rested child, eager to learn
- A healthy lunch and snack
- A juice box or water bottle
- Safe shoes (no sandals or flip flops)
- A Maker outfit: comfortable clothes that can get messy
- Sunscreen (applied) & hat
Our projects are:
- Analog, not digital
- Daylong and week-long
- Creative and hands on
- Challenging to the right degree
- Fun and engaging
Your child will develop:
- Critical thinking, curiosity
- Collaboration, communication
- Competence, compassion
- A deeper interest in the Maker Movement
Examples of projects include:
- Paper rockets
- Cardboard boats
- Marble roller coasters
- Balsa & pasta bridges
- Propeller cars